Discovery Guides focus on conservation education for Prospect Park Zoo visitors and, in turn, gain experience with teaching, leadership, public speaking, and learn about animals and the wild places they inhabit!
Who is this program for?
The Discovery Guide program is for youth aged 14 and older who seek to enrich their lives and gain job skills by volunteering at the Prospect Park Zoo. The Discovery Guide program gives teens exposure to careers in the Zoo field while learning about animals, conservation, and education.
What are some of the responsibilities?
- Educate public visitors at exhibits
- Help out with birthday parties and special events, like Boo at the Zoo
- Interact with children in the Discovery Center, art station and during summer camp
- Get involved with Project TRUE (Teens Research Urban Ecology)
- Collect data for animal behavior studies
- Lead summer offerings like storytelling, games and art activities
- Make a difference
- Meet like-minded teens and make new friends
- Earn school community service hours
- Increase animal knowledge
- Gain work experience and build your college resume
Take the Next Step
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2014. Please complete the following application. Applications are due by April 1, 2014. Training dates will be June 27, 30, July 1, 2, & 3, 2014.
If you are interested in Project TRUE
, we are currently accepting applications for Spring Semester 2014. Applicants must be available on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 1:45 – 5:00 PM.
For more information call 718-399-7339 ext 325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Discovery Guide Application >>