Education Internships for College Students
Julie Larsen Maher ©WCS
The Prospect Park Zoo’s Education Department is looking for college students available during the summer, to assist with Zoo Camp sessions. This internship is perfect for those looking forward to a career working in a zoo environment or as an informal educator.
What do Education Interns do?
- You will assist Zoo Educators during zoo camp sessions by interacting with the children - playing games, singing songs, assisting with crafts, and generally having fun.
- You will accompany the camp group on zoo tours, and see live animals in the classroom.
- You will develop your own themed activities or craft projects and present them to the campers.
- You will create new connections with people that share your interests.
What will you receive?
- Experience in informal education
- School internship credit. (if applicable)
- The opportunity to also interact with zoo visitors or conduct animal behavior observations within the zoo in addition to camp sessions (if requested)
College Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible for participation in this program.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are comfortable in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- You can submit information for a background check.
- You are willing to work with children of different ages, and take direction from Prospect Park Zoo staff.
- You are available on weekdays for at minimum of three consecutive week-long camp sessions during the summer season.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Education Internship Application for College Students >>